Friday, December 9, 2011

Splendour in the grass - Viscount Aerospace Sport half-built 2

red keirin track grips for now
exact brake lever position and type requires more research 
on the road
starting to get a feel of what it will look like



a mysterious discrepancy:
the seat tube spec has changed from 26.8mm to 27mm
well I can't just pull a Dyra Ace EA seat post out of my arse
so we've got some 0.06mm brass shim in there
to be trimmed when saddle height is locked off.


the original front mech
I think I was lucky that my Sport came with Dura Ace front instead of
those dirty, dull Titlist front derailleurs


first gen Dura Ace levels and hoods


first gen Dura Ace side-pull calipers
you can see how shy of the rim they are

but then I got out my aluminium forks and tested them
lo and behold
they just reach, like in this picture
notice where the pads are
at the bottom of their range




no such problem with the rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment